Its been almost 10 months but I am on a break from work with the kids vacation and decided to get stuck in with the blog.
First a big thank you to all the readers of this tome. I am amazed at the feedback I still get from friends and strangers alike that have either tried a recipe or followed the getting started program.
The last 10 months have definitely been busy for me. Most of the time has been taken at work and then family. But I did manage to find time to continue brewing and teaching people how to brew. It is always fun to see a friend get the same enjoyment from brewing as I do and I love teaching. Seeing the faces after they sample the first batch of their own brew is always the best.
So what about the brewing. Here are the highlights:
- Continued creating clones of famous beers
- Started back with the Best Bitter recipes working on improvements
- Have evolved from extract to a Partial Mash technique and have begun to create PM versions of my original extract recipes
- Had a lot of fun brewing for Christmas 2010 including the creation of my version of Samuel Smiths Winter Welcome which was a hit and brewing up some old favorites
- Researching the viability of creating my own online/retail homebrew store serving the South Shore of MA
Over the coming days I will dive into some of the topics listed including an inventory of the brews since may with some observations including a review of some Northern Brewer kits. I will go over so thoughts on Partial Mash technique, some more quick tips and a review of some of the updates I have made to some old recipes.
Nice to be back, hope its for a while.